1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Playboy, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

92 ford F350 Dumping rack body with 8.5 foot plow (fisher I think) rebuilt trans last year. Seller says has some rust but nothing major. Rust is on fenders etc not frame. Seller wants $7000.
    I've seen F250's with plows go for $7000 that are 1997's but those are with regular beds.

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

7000 seems high for 92 check kelly blue book

3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Welcome to PLOWSITE :waving: I think that in my area $7,000.00 might be at the top of the top end! Try and offer him $4,500.00 for it and see what he does. Is it an auto trans, what motor does it have, is it 4X4, what shape is the plow in, & any other goodies???
    BOAST

4. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Well it has 180K miles reg cab 4x4 dullie auto trans 7.3 diesel non turbo. Plow is said to be in decent shape and I was told the racks are tall. The tranny was rebuilt with heavy duty parts. I'm going to look at it today and I'll take some pics.

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

were in ct are you those older 7.3 can be overhauled for not that much money

6. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

I'm in Wilton right next to you! I saw the truck and it needs help. Very raggedy.

7. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Ragged Truck

Playboy, Sorry to hear that the truck turned out to be so ragged. :dizzy: Let the guy sit on it & maybe you can pick it up for $2,500.00.
    BOAST

8. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

We'll see. The mirrors are pulling the door skin apart. I walked up to it and it moves and moves the door skin with it as if the door is made of rubber. Reminds me of pimp my ride on MTV. A window was broken and the truck had a bad smell of damp mildew. It was just sad to see a posible good work truck in that condition.