1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Collision, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Collision

Collision Junior Member

http://allentown.craigslist.org/pts/5679446526.html

So I saw this plow on CL and it is for a good price. I have a 1995 f250, and that ford appears to be an early 80s. Could I custom fab a bracket and make it work? Is the electrical the same?

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Anything can be made/fabricated. A little more info. Linky no work. What make plow, more specific information on the truck.

3. Collision

Collision Junior Member

The ad is above, but here it is again.

http://allentown.craigslist.org/pts/5679446526.html

4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

that early chevy frame can be made to work, but it is going to cost you a few hundred for steel and rods to do it.
    he claims it is a 8 foot plow, but it only has 2 trip springs.
    which means it will trip easily with a full blade of snow.
    plus those plows are a biatch to hook up, you have to get under the truck to put the pins in while lifting the plow A-frame.
    been there done that for 30 years before i finally cut it off the truck with a plasma cutter.
    and put a new quick attach plow on.

5. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

I just picked up a plow similar for my first plow. Mine is the st7.5, about the same condition. What I've found out is, plow repairs and parts are expensive. First, the truck that the plow is on is a Chevy. Like tj said above, you can do it, but it might be cheaper to find the correct mount for your truck. Another thing is you will probably want to rebuild your pump, who knows what's in it (and why he put it on backwards). That plow is made more of a homeowner type plow.

Another thing to keep in mind is (at least around here) they guys that leave trucks like that on a property are doing it because they have to for the contract. They put a beater POS that barely runs, and never use it. It might not be the case, but it seems like that to me.

Check it out, it might be alright but remember it's limitations. If you're doing commercial it isn't the best plow. As far as hooking up, I think it's similar to mine. I have it on a few carts and blocked up to the right hight. I just pull up and can move the plow where I need to and hook up.

If you get this, depending on what all it needs, this $500 plow might cost you $1500 or more. With your truck, I would hold out and try and find a better built plow. A good indicator is the commercial have 4 or so springs.

Edit: I misread the add. Somehow read dually, not deli. Thought he meant it sat while he used his dually...disregard my comments about leaving trucks on property for the contract.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  6. JMHConstruction

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

My god does that bring back memories......bad ones

If you plan on leaving on the truck for the season, it's not a bad thought.

8. JMHConstruction

Is it not an ez mount? Looks like it hooks up the same as mine. The light part is different, but A frame looks the same. It's not that bad. Although I have yet to put it on in the snow. Maybe I'm not seeing it right?

9. Collision

Collision Junior Member

10. Randall Ave

Push plates, another name for the truck side plow frame. That Meyer plow your looking at, the plow has pain written all over it.

11. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

You'll spent up to $500.00 for the truck side mount/push plates if you can't find used.

12. 1olddogtwo

I doubt they(Fisher) still make new ones

13. tjctransport

14. Collision

Collision Junior Member

Is it really that bad putting the pins in? Im honestly not a big fan of the quick connects on an old plow. It seems rather easy to insert the pins

15. 1olddogtwo

Yes, I comment was about the old Meyer.

Lining up truck, then matching holes, then fighting pins in.....it sucks.

16. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Never mind. Thought we were talking about Meyer lol

17. Randall Ave

Olddog, I'm not really sure what the guy is talking about. The quick connects are easy to handle. If this was super easy, the women would be doing it. :rolleyes:

18. tjctransport

you want an easy plow, the western ultra mount is the ticket.
    so easy my daughter can can hook it up.
    drive up to it and push it 2-3 inches. flip two levers, and connect two plugs.
    so easy i can do it in the snow using crutches.
    the hardest part is making the electrical connections.

19. Randall Ave

They are great and easy. But as in everything in life, simplicity comes with a price. :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

20. tjctransport

sure does. $6,400.
    the only thing that made the price easier to swallow is the plow makes on average 10 grand a year.............as long as it snows.