1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a good deal on Meyer C8.5'

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MackDa600, Dec 21, 2007.

1. MackDa600

MackDa600 Member

$1400.00 includes meyer classic mount C8.5' blade with rams, hoses, etc (complete blade assmebly), E-60 pump, saber head lights, pump hoop frame mount, lift arm.

Basically only thing missing is the undercarriage, wiring, controller.

The plow was used literally maybe 5 times, cutting edge is practically brand new.

I want the blade, but he's selling as package deal only....

Recommendations please....

2. Mudman78

Mudman78 Senior Member
    from NJ

Considering what I've seen on eBay:

The hoop goes for around $250, the pump $350-$400, the lights $50-$75.

That leaves $650-$725 for the blade. I haven't seen a C8.5 blade on eBay yet, but a really nice C8 hasn't gone for more than $400, so I think the price is a little high (for parts anyway). If you wanted the complete set-up, it would take another $600 or so for the missing pieces (used on eBay) to make a complete plow and an almost new C8.5 for $2000 is a good deal.

3. MackDa600

MackDa600 Member

thanks but he sold the plow, and hes a little further then i would like to travel!

4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I don't think that was a bad deal, and by the sounds of it , it was since it wasn't around for long!

I typically will get $2200 for Complete C8 EZ Mount with truck lights, if they go with a set of Sabers $2400 all day long!

Good Luck

Jay

5. MackDa600

MackDa600 Member

nascar,

I picked it up Monday morning. The plow was just as described. The guy needed it out. I made out good. Thanks