1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a good deal on a plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mkwl, Aug 12, 2007.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I found a 2004 Fisher MMII 8'HD plow with all mounting, wiring, controller and off truck assembly for $2500. It has only a little rust and somewhat faded paint. Other than that, its in great shape! Its about 4.5 hrs from me, it'll prob cost me about $100 in gas to get it. Do you think this sounds like a good deal? For all of you with fisher plows, how do you like them?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I would offer him $2k. Dont forget gas, maybe tolls, and you are going to have to install it. I would offer him $2k cash. See what he says. Good luck Matt. Rich

3. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

to me that sounds like a good deal for an 8' HD MM2.especially for a complete set up. I just sold my f 150 with my old fisher plow and i gotta say that i think the truck would have broken in half before the plow did. My next plow will also be a fisher!

4. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Offer him whatever you want to start at, but that's still not a bad price. Maybe see about knocking 10% off because you do have to travel & have it installed. If he's walking away with $2250 cash, I'd say it's a pretty good day. Good luck!!

~Kevin

5. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I can't seem to get him to budge on the price, as it was originally listed for $2800, I got him down to $2500. Is this still a good deal for $2500, it'll probably cost me $375 for install and about $75 in gas- total of $2950. Also- are plows easy to install myself- I'm pretty handy, but have never done it before- how hard is it and about how long would it take an amatuer to install on my truck?

Thanks,
    Matt

6. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

The install is pretty easy. You can print the directions off of Fishers Website. Me and a friend put the plow on my 01 and are going to put it on the 04. The mount took us about a half hour to do. The wiring took us a little longer but when we did it we were in no rush what so ever. We started at midnight on a friday night. Between taking brakes and having to run to wally world a couple time I think we were done by like 3. Like I said though, we were in no rush so you might be able to do it quicker.

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Install on Chev/GMC is very easy. IMO a Fisher plow will not back blade very well. If this is mainly for driveways I would look at another brand.

The price is good if the plow is as clean as you say. Plows are only going to go up as the winter approaches.

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I just installed a wiring harness and mount on my 04 gmc for a boss and it went fine. The only thing is to take you time and follow the directions and everything will work out. Is the mount for your truck or a different model? What about a western with the backdrag edge how are those? I am a boss guy so I don't know. Do those edges really work?

9. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Installing on a GM truck is fairly easy for a competent weekend warrior...took me about 4 hours start to finish last year when I put mine on, did it with the installation sheet printed off the Fisher website and some advice from these forums when I had questions.

$2500 is a decent price for that plow IMHO...I paid that same price last year for a 2001 MMI 8"HD with all off and on truck and a handheld controller and it was a decent deal at the time. Go buy it now because in 2 months that exact same setup will be going for $3000 or more.

When you go to pick it up you'll need help putting it in your bed and you'll need a couple buddies present to help you get it out too...or a tractor. Make sure to take some kitty litter with you too...when I put mine in the bed the hydraulic resovoir dribbled all over the bed.