1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a good deal and would it work?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by eaglegrounds, Oct 10, 2009.

1. eaglegrounds

eaglegrounds Member

I was just browsing craigs list and come across this 6' meyer plow for $725. I know its small but i am only doing drive ways. Is this a good deal? Look at the link.

2nd. I only have a 2WD 1/2 ton(F-150), would this work ok on my truck for doing strictly driveways? Where i live, we maybe get 6" maximum. Not sure.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/grd/1414511514.html

Thanks

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

NO! It is not wide enough to clear your tires and you will br running over the unplowed snow and packing it down and making it harder to remove from the driveway. The plow needs to be wider then your wheelbase. Keep looking on craigslist and do a search outside of cincy. Spend a little more as you will be able to find a 7.5 meyer cheap a lot of places these days. Good luck

3. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldnt even consider a blade on a 2wd 1/2ton. I mean, you see how it has handled in previous winter with no plow. I know on my dads f150 he always has a couple hundred pounds of logs for ballast and he doesnt even have a plow on that truck. I dont think it would be a good choice

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Don't even think about plowing with that truck! Get it out of your head, no matter what anyone on here says.

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

It won't clear the tire for one and two eaven with a 7.5' plow you would be stuck all the time since you don't have 4wd.

6. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

That plow on a jeep would be a better choice.
    2 wd pffhhtt

7. eaglegrounds

eaglegrounds Member

Thanks for the input, i didn't think it would work, but it never hurts to ask. Guess ill just wait to get my F-250 after school is done :D

-EagleGrounds

8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Smart idea to wait.