1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a Fisher Plow ?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Mark71, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Mark71

Mark71 Junior Member

This plow is on a 1998 Chevy 2500hd and was thinking about putting it on my 2000 chevy 2500hd ,but the guy dont know the brand and thinks its around 8ft.. Not mush help so i thought some people here mite take a guess at what kind it mite be, before i drive 100miles to check it out,,Is the frames on the chevys the same ? Thanks Mark

my new plow.jpg

2. Kwing1120

Kwing1120 Member

looks like fisher to me.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

yep fisher

but head gear looks like a old speedcaster were the frame stays on the truck all the time.

this would not fir a 2000 unless its a old body style 88-98 or 88-2000 1ton left over.

need more pics to be sure. but like i said the head gear looks like my speedcaster NON mm1 or mm2 style.

4. Mark71

Mark71 Junior Member

Thats what i thought, yes mine is the newer stlye truck I think. Heres a picture of it. Well guess ill have to pass on this fisher .. he only wanted $1200 DOOR COUNTY WI. and has mount wiring and 2 controllers. But i think he would take 800.00 cash for all..

IMAG0230.jpg

5. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

It's a fisher, does the headgear detatch with the plow from the truck or does the head gear stay on the truck? Does the lift chain attach to a hook at the lift arm (yellow triangle) or does it travel through a steel loop? Could be a speedcast or an early underhood hydraulics MM.

6. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Will not swap over to that truck.

7. Mark71

Mark71 Junior Member

Call him and found out head gear stays on truck after you pull two pins to remove the plow and the lift chain hooks to a hook at the lift arm.

8. Mark71

Mark71 Junior Member

Rats ... Well the search continues for a fisher plow for my 2000 Chevy 2500HD if anybody finds one send them my way. Thanks for everyones help. Mark

9. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Look on craigslist for one.

10. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

Call Autoland outlets in roscoe il . i just dropped my plow off for warrenty work and they had a few used models.

11. Mark71

Mark71 Junior Member

Thanks i will check it out.