1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is This A Decent Deal? (8' Fisher HD)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mercer_me, Sep 1, 2014.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Going to go look at this plow tomorrow. http://maine.craigslist.org/grd/4641957216.html He is asking $2,500. I talked to the guy on the phone and he said it's a 2006 and he changed the fluid every year. He never used it commercially, he only plowed his driveway and a couple of apartment buildings he owns. He always stored it inside. I'm just a little nervous about it because it's 8 years old. If I buy it, I'm going to swap my Intensifire lights onto this plow, is that hard to do?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Swapping lights...No. Just a few connectors

3. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

That's a 2005 blade. That's not a bad price for everything.

4. mercer_me

How can you tell it's a 2005 blade? He said he bought it in 2006 so, it was probably a hold over. My plan is to sell all the truck side components because I'm swapping over all the truck side components from my Dad's Tundra to my Tundra. How much would all the truck side components be worth?

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Looks in great shape

I would think mount 350.00 wiring 200.

Also that mount would fit 08 thru 15's

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

06 was newer lights

7. mercer_me

Thanks for the info. When I set my Chevy up, I paid $700 for push plates and wiring and that didn't include a controller. So, I was thinking I could get $700 for these push plates, wiring and controller?

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That plow must have seen very little use. It hasn't had a cutting edge bolted on yet.

9. mercer_me

I noticed that as well. When I talked to the guy he sounded like he was an older fella so, I'd say he didn't use it very much and when he did he was easy on it. But, I'll be able to tell when I lol at it tomorrow.

10. mercer_me

I got out of work at 3:00 today and called the guy to let him know I'd be there in ten minutes and he said he sold it an hour before. Thanks for all the input everybody.

11. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Mercer I bought a 5 year old Boss 8'2" flat top steel V last fall in Bar Harbor, just used on a personal short driveway, plow was still like new. I paid $1500 for it. The cutting edges had minimal ware.

There was a dealer at the Maine/NH border last fall selling brand new Blizzard 9' straight blades for $2,995.00. They were left overs from the previous season.

12. mercer_me

I'm going to keep looking for a good deal. I'm sure I will find one eventually.

Just for sh!ts I priced out new Boss VXTs and I can get a 7.5' installed for $5,500 or an 8'2" installed for $5,700. If I could get $3,500 for my 7.5' Fisher SD that wouldn't be to bad.

13. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Have you considered a Snowdogg?

I prefer Boss myself but if I looked at a new plow I think I'd have to take a serious look at them.

14. mercer_me

The local Boss dealer was selling Snow Dogg for a few years but, when I went over there today I asked about a 7.5' Snow Dogg V plow and the salesman said they are only selling the Snow Dogg MD series now and they won't order any other Snow Dogg plows. So, I don't even know where I would even buy one.