1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a deal?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jkiser96, Jul 30, 2008.

1. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I have a chance to buy a Uni-mount 8'6" V-plow that a friend has. This plow belonged to a local car dealer that was only used by the owner until 2 years ago & then my buddy bought it. I will need to buy a mount for the truck but everything else is there for $2000. Let me know whta you guys think of this deal.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What would you be installing it on? The Unimount mounts are getting tough to find new or used and aren't even available for many later model trucks.

If you can't buy a Uni for whatever truck it is, you'd need to go with an Ultra undercarriage and then purchase an Ultra to Uni adapter...$$$. Adds substantial cost to a "good deal plow".

3. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

This is going on a 1995 F-450 4x4

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Two things...

I can't recall Western ever making a Uni for that application. :confused:

And second, an 8.5 V isn't really enough plow for an F-450.

A 9.5 would be a better choice.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

6. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I have spoken with several people about the mount & they say that one for an f-35 or F-250 will work.
    I would really like to get a 9'2" Boss but I can wing this one for now until it pays for itself then trade up. I am just looking at different options because I hate that it just salts & is the strongest truck in the barn. I do like putting 4 tons of salt on the back & it just starts to ride decent.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes it will...had to look that one up by hand. ;)

Can't say I know your financial situation but if what you really prefer is a 9.2 Boss why not use the 2 grand toward a used one rather than trying to get your money back out of the old MVP (including the mount if you can find one) later in order to purchase the 9.2 that you really want (or) need?