1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a controller problem?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Ryaninatree, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Ryaninatree

Ryaninatree Junior Member

Have a meyer plow with the square touch-pad controller. Whenever I angle left, right, or raise the plow it will move for about 2 seconds and then it stops. When it stops, the red power light on the controller lights up and i must turn the controller off and turn it back on. The only way to use the plow is to pulse the controller so the red light doesnt come back on. This is adding unnecessary frustration and time to my plowing. Any help woccculd be greatly appreciated.

2. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Sounds like it's controller time , best bet would be if you knew someone to borrow one to try , see if it solves the problem. I had one do the same thing a while back and it was in fact the controller .

The square touchpad's (22154) are discontinued, Meyer makes you upgrade to the pistol grip 22690 controller .

I have a 22154 in the classifieds if it turns out to be the controller and you want to stay with the touchpad .

TOM

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A poor ground on the plow side or on the orange ground wire on the TP will cause the same issue. So check/clean/replace/repair all ground leads before condemning the controller.

4. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

damn B&B your good. I was gonna say that but you say it so much better

5. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Only reason to possibly rule out a ground issue , is it would do it in the lower / float position also , which the O/P did not mention that occured .

TOM

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Except in lower/float the pump unit isn't drawing an immense amount of ground since it's not running, so there's enough to still operate other items that may have a weak ground. Such as a controller thats dependent on a good ground path.

7. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Definently agreed .

TOM

8. kenmaxwell2

kenmaxwell2 Junior Member

i had the same problem bought a new controller but it ended up being a small nick in the black wire i believe.

9. Spegetti

Spegetti Junior Member

I checked the orange ground and it is OK; what is the black wire you mention?

10. Spegetti

Spegetti Junior Member

Snow Plow Operation

I checked the black ground wire from the pump motor to the battery, checked fine. All black ground wires are good. I jumped the pump to the battery and it runs, the plow did turn left and is still left. I'm looking for another plow so I can hook up my 22154 Electro-Touch Control to see if it works.

11. RH31379

RH31379 Member

12. Drain Bamaged

Drain Bamaged Junior Member
    from Rittman

i am near akron and willing to help i have a the same touch pad near akron

13. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

5 year old thread...I hope he's fixed it by now...

14. Drain Bamaged

Drain Bamaged Junior Member
    from Rittman

i never checked he dates oppps lol

15. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

actually it looks like spagetti is having the same problem and tagged on the post....you may have helped him...Thumbs Up