1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a Boss or what is it

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by lilherc, Jan 15, 2012.

1. lilherc

lilherc Junior Member

I purchased this plow last summer from a private party that only used it to plow their own driveway then it was taken off and stored inside. It is in great condition. I have only seen one of these on this site but did not have a discription as to what it was. Everybody tells me it is a Boss Rt1 but I have not seen one with the single trip spring. I has the pump and valve system under the hood. I had to replace the pump because a bearing was bad and chewed up the pump housing. I have only had to use it a few times this winter due to the lack of snow. :confused::help: IMAG0024.jpg

2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

what ever it is, the mount is too low!
  3. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

Northman? Dont think a Boss
  4. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like it could be a mix of different plows. Definitely not a Boss headgear but maybe a Boss blade.
  5. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

Thats the original old boss rt1 vplow... Thats all Boss and yes the mount its way low and looks like its been that way for awhile since the scraper bars are wore like that. Truck here in town has the exact same setup.
  6. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Must be one of the very early Boss V's, it looks different from the RT 1 in
    this thread.
  7. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

old boss . welded in vee position :eek:
  8. SMiller

SMiller Member
    from IN

That was my first thought is get that truck up! Crank those torsion bars all the way up and install some Timbrens! That blade must scrape and tear stuff up when going over bumps...
  9. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes it is an old boss, very durable, but about as old as dirt! If it breaks down, you may be able to find some parts, or use new parts but i will get costly. Good luck Thumbs Up
  10. lilherc

lilherc Junior Member

Not too worried about replacement parts. There's not a whole lot to go bad. The pump is now new and still available. the solenoid/valves are the same as Western just that they have one wire instead of two which takes and simple wiring change. I do plan to crank up the torsion bars to correct the height. It works good the way it is for now. I don't use it in vee position anyway. Thank you for confirming that it is a Boss RT1 nice to know I have a collector piece of the plow world.