1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a 2007 or a 2008?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Stuffdeer, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

I was following this around today trying to get pictures, Is it a 2007 or a 2008?

0119071057.jpg

0119071057a.jpg

0119071058.jpg

0119071058a.jpg

2. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

i think its an 07 1/2 ton

3. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Ok, I was just wondering, I could never count the Lugs, and on the sides, all it said was Sierra

4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

lodoggs correct.Thats an 07 1/2ton. The reg cabs are just now hittin dealerships. I cant wait another month to see the HDs up close.

5. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Its a really sharp truck.

I just don't see how a plow will ever work on one though. It sat low in the front, and the Valance will be chewed off by plow installers. And the back light isn't out, it just was on the blinker.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Stuffdeer, it look's like you've been honing your drivng skill's pretty good judging by your pics! Congrat's.

7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Me too..:redbounce :bluebounc :redbounce

8. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

boss already has a plow mount out for the 07 1/2tons

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So does Western. Look's like everybody is on the ball!

10. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

1/2 ton with towing mirrors...

I think they are being called 2007.5's though since the Older body style was available as 07 modles.

11. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

no, they also have a model called the 07 classic which is the old body style.

12. midnightsun13

midnightsun13 Junior Member

no....left rear brake light is out.....it should be on even if there is a blinker on.....as long as brakes are applied and they are which can be seen by the high mount being illuminated

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Have installed snoway mounts on a couple of 07 1500s. for pics go to
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=42193

Are you sure thats a 1500, looks like 8 lugs and the front end is different then the ones I've touched. From the pics it looks more like what was posted as the new 08 2500. to see go to http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=36955&highlight=flykelly

Yo, Flykelly, are you out there? what's the word?

14. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Actually, The whole Back Light was blinking.

This truck is parked up at the Local Chevy/GMC dealer, I can possibly run up there tomorrow if anyone wants more pictures.

15. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I will have pictures of the HD this week. I will take a tape measure and camera to work and snap some pictures.

Regards Mike

16. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

That is definatly a new style 1/2 tonne... The HD's have a taller grille(Notice the extra horizontal slat in the grille on the HD) and extra holes in the bumper

This is the HD..

[​IMG]

17. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

:D :D (we need a drool smilie)

18. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Yea I really like the new GMC HDs...but as my 04 is still in great shape... it will be w while before I get e new truck.

19. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Guys
    Man I got to drive a new HD at work for the night, my regular truck was in for repairs. It sure is a nice riding truck with lots of power. The one I had has a brake controller built in the dash. It seems to sit higher also.

Regards Mike

20. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

hey stuffdeer, if you can, could you get some more pics? The reg. cabs look very nice!