1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is there anyway to "Slow Down" the speed of the end wings?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by TurboPlow, Jan 23, 2009.

1. TurboPlow

TurboPlow Junior Member

I have a RT-2 Boss V plow..man those wing ends are lightning fast..so fast that you hear a loud bang when opening or closing the ends..so I was wondering is there is any way to slow them down..They are faster than a "Chip Monk" in a wood pile !! lol

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How tight do you have the springs?

3. TurboPlow

TurboPlow Junior Member

I'll check it out..thanks for the reply..

4. Bigmikesseasonal

Bigmikesseasonal Member

Boss Wings

Boss Factory Techs told me that you should be able to slide a credit card between each loop on the springs to get proper adjustment! Mike

5. Bigmikesseasonal

Bigmikesseasonal Member

Boss Wings

Boss Factory Techs told me that you should be able to slide a credit card between each loop on the springs to get proper adjustment in the v plow position! Mike

6. knowsplows

knowsplows Junior Member

You can install an orifice in the RT3 to slow down the wings. The discs go under the valves for the wing return. Don't know if it would work on an RT2 but it should. Boss # is HYD09925 or HYD07068