1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is there any tricks to putting trani lines on?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mercer_me, Dec 5, 2008.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Tomorrow I’m going to change the trani lines on my 1989 Chevy 2500. I was just wandering if there are any tricks to putting them on?

2. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Lefty loosey - righty tighty. just messin with ya. A set of line wrenches will help prevent any stripped fittings. Otherwise its pretty much play it by ear

3. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Flare nut wrenches, HEAVY wire ties and put a shot of F.F. on all flare nuts day or night before commencing work. If you are using bulk line, make certain you have extra as you might futz up a bend or something, have some unions to splice line together if you kink line or put wrong bend in, at least you can salvage some of the line you've already bent. Don't forget to put the flare nuts on prior to flaring lines, don't be like me and realize you don't have a flare nut on 'till after you've flared the line.:jester: You can use old lines as reference. Good luck, your gonna wish you did this in August instead of December:p

4. mercer_me

I should have, but I did the dumb thing and wated until there was a leak. Thanks for all the info.:D

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  5. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I'm glad that there are others beside myself that do things like this in the middle of winter!

It takes a special breed...at least it's not snowing... Right? :dizzy:

6. mercer_me

Thanks for all the replies. I put the lines on today and the went on pretty easy.