1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a way??????

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Is there any way at all to adjust the alarm system on my 00' Silverado??? I set the alarm and can kick it, rock the thing, etc and it wont go off. Someone attempted to break into my truck last night and couldnt get in. My alarm didnt even begin to go off.......lucky for whoever tried because my 12 gauge is within 5 feet of my bed;) I want to maybe adjust it up to be more sensitive, or do I just have to get a different system? Thanks in advance, Tom:waving:
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The factory alarms are not "user adjustable" but some can be programmed through the BCM by a GM tech. The problem is, most GM techs don't seem to know how.:rolleyes: If you want an adjustable setup you'll probably be forced to install an aftermarket system.
  3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

More importantly, the factory alarm doesn't have a shock sensor, so no matter how hard you shake it it'll never go off...someone could drive into it while its parked and it won't set off the alarm.

That factory alarm will go off when someone pops the door locks with a slimjim or prys the hood open, but thats about it.

If you need anything more you need to go aftermarket.
  4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

this thread reminds me of a time when i set off a car alarm at the local mall because my exhaust is too loud lol... good times
  5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Thanks for the replies so far guys!!:waving: I guess I will get an aftermarket one, just gotta settle on the one to buy:help: ABES, I had a nice flowmaster dual exhaust on my 94 GMC K2500, and I used to enjoy driving around like wal-mart and hit the gas near cars to set off the alarms,lol:D
  6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Put a Viper in it. Lots of adjustability and lets you add on things to control windows monitor the bed, etc. Get one with a remote starter in it as well.