1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a way to convert a single relay blizzard harness to multiple relays

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by cl733, Dec 7, 2013.

1. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

So here is my predicament, I have 2 sets of lighting harnesses for a blizzard pp , they both have the single triple throw relay on them and the round light plug adapters, I ihave been looking for a newer pick up to replace my old truck, and the two trucks I have in mind use either 9007 or H13 bulbs, I have an adapter already for the 9007 but cant find a part number for the round plug harness to H13,all I can find is a new light harness with the H13 plugs on it already,I have a new main harness for the 2nd truck already , and in the end im pretty sure both trucks are going to end up with the H13 adapters, I guess rather than buying two new H13 harnesses I could solder on some new H13 ends , but my biggest interest is if there is a way of getting rid of the single relay , and replacing it with something that is more common to find parts for ,and something that wont leave me with no lights if any problems arise with a single relay

2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Blizzard does not offer the old clear relay. It has been replaced with a kit to wire in 3 standard relays. Buy one to copy and you can make as many as you want.

I believe this chart is what you need. I think you are looking for p/n 62235.

Attached Files:

3. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

This is good to know. We just purchased a truck w older Blizzard that has the single relay. Our relay is black not clear. The really was not working properly and wouldn't switch to plow lights. The truck is a 99 F450 w composite lamps. What kit do we need.

4. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

Mine had the black relay too . on both harnesses, I haven't had any problems with it yet , but Im sure its comng. I had found that chart somewhere on line too, problem with it being it was produced in 2005, it still doesn't cover what I was looking for,for instance a 2005 dodge has 9007 head lights , in 2006 they went to H13 to 2009 atleast,so that chart doesn't cover anything made that was different after 2005, I do have a brand new light harness here, believe it to fit a ford , not sure what year, but its all one piece with small 3 pin molded on headlight plugs, and this one has 4 relays on it ,a single bulb headlamp system, and another difference on it is that the where the plow head lights plug in it uses a molded 6 pin plug that has all 6 pins in place, not sure if that is for a twin bulb plow light or why the sixth pin is there or if it backwards compatible with the 5 pins on my plow lights, I will go look up that 62235 and see what its about, im thinking it might be easier just to buy a H13 harness and copy it, could probably copy the one I have but its a borrowed spare from a buddy and he might not appreciate it coming back all cut up on the protective loom, and ill have to look at the main harness too, I have a brand new one here too , ill have to look and see if its the same connections as the old one im using now too

5. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

Update: so I look around some more, ends up this harness I have here looks as it already has the H13 ends on it but has 4 relays , blizzard shows their 62212 harness with the H13 ends on it with 3 relays, so is the one I got some kind of old stock with 4 ,the adapter from old round plug to H13 is actually B62052,the B62235 (picture)is an adapter from round plug to what , looks like a flat plug ,I see a listing for a lighting harness 62151 it has round plug in for it to hook to main harness, but you still need adapters to the headlights, and those look like pn B28986, I think Im still missing something, is there yet still another light harness that goes to a flat pin that needs adapters to hook to lights as well, a 2005 pdf shows a whole bunch of adapters that use the flat plug as in pict ,[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]and [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

6. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

This last post is confusing. In your first post you seem to have everything figured out. All you wanted to do is replace the triple relay. See the attached instructions. Also, you needed the adapter to go to H13 bulbs ... which you found yourself, B62052. But since you have a light harness with the H13 ends ... you wouldn't need any adapter at all. Do you still have questions?

Attached Files:

7. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

Yeah I can see why now , looking back I posted the same two pictures, didn't mean to do that , and my whole confusion was in all the documents I read I had heard about the triple relay set up but could never find any documentation like you just supplied. The triple relay kit is the perfect retro fit for the big single relay. I was trying to take a big single relay light harness and convert it to the 4 relay version as in 2005. Im half way through building one, as it is pretty simple to copy the one I have borrowed from a friend. Thanks for the info , its going to make things a lot simpler