1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a snow pusher box for a truck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by classiclawncare, Mar 28, 2010.

1. classiclawncare

classiclawncare Senior Member

I just bought a 2010 f-450 crew cab with a 12ft dump body. Im going to buy a plow and wanted to know of there is a plow out there that is able to convert into a full snow pusher box? I have a box for my skid steer and it is ten times more productive than my trucks with plows. Ive seen the western wide out which is similar to a full box but wasnt sure if thats the best there is? Thanx

2. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Avalanche Makes a pusher for a Truck....

3. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Snoway Revolution might be a more versatile option? I think they have resolved the issues they were having.

5. classiclawncare

this looks like a great option the avalanche pusher! thanx any others?

6. classiclawncare

this snoway evolution looks really good too.

7. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

BIGGEST POS EVER and no they have not solved all the problems.....

8. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I would think not being able to angle your blade would be a big disadvantage on lighter snow falls. I would suggest the western mvpplus v but whatever v you can get and add wings.

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Or an Ebling. :D

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Did you get another one to try? you seem so certain or are you still just spewing your hatred.

11. ponderosa

ponderosa Member

nickels do you like your hiniker plow also the snoway revolution is still a problem ,i am looking for a new plow always had fisher looking for better thanks

12. Triple L

from Canada

Basher - How many Revs have you sold or have you owned?

13. RobE

RobE Junior Member
    from RI

14. Ford Guy

Ford Guy Member

15. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

They are great, just bought another 9' Scoop for the wifes new Suburban. It will be a backup to the backup but I'm going to use the plow on one of the other trucks. I haven't used the XLS, Wideout, Blizzard, or Snoway. I've used V's and thought they were slow. I don't think I'll buy anything but the Scoops they are simple they don't have any extra moving parts than a straight blade with a trip edge.

16. ponderosa

ponderosa Member

i like the looks of the hiniker i like the idea of the v the scoop is very close at least i have time to figure it out thanks

17. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

If its making a box style plow out of your existing blade why not try to find a
    pair of Turkey Wings? While Roger has long since retired and no one continued to
    produce them a used set may be out there for sale.

I have had a set for quite a few years on my Western straight blade which were what
    I needed to clear the drive thru lanes of the bank contract I have.

Check this:
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=16182&highlight=turkey+wings

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  18. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Jesus christ man let it go. YOU SOLD IT!!!!! its gone from you now. Each plow is different just like each individual is different.

19. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

I like my SNOWAY MEGA V WING BLADE, yes there were issues but all is good and they even replaced both wings due a few cracks in their weld. Plus you can put wings on it and have the ability to angle for heavier pushes that may be too heavy for truck to move going long distances acroos parking lots. I found this out this winter with mine, worked great did 29 drives and 2 big parking lots with 0 break downs. better have a heavy truck for scoop mode tho it moves alot of snow.

20. Triple L

from Canada

Im still waiting for a reply from basher on my previous post...,

You guys with the V's cannot say the Rev's are the best thing going.... I dont knock the V's so dont knock me for hating the rev's if you've never owned one...