1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a hydro rebuild kit ????

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Plowinpro03, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

I guess that answers the question..my piston is pissing fluid out of the seals ..(down/up one).......wondering if theres a seal kit that i can buy to rebuild it...or if it even can be rebuilt? Its a 29T only 1 1/2 seasons old. Has down pressure. Plow was working great, then for some reason was becoming less responsive......

(If someone could point me in the correct direction aside from a local dealer that would be great, please keep the ""If you bought "XXXX" plow you wouldn' t have had this problem" comments, every plow has its' bad days, such as life)....

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

1 1/2 years old why don't you want to go to your dealer? unless you did something to create the problem it could be a warranty item.

3. Plowinpro03

You can't really do much to create a problem with a plow, its an item attached to the front of your vehicle that gets abused lol. Its just leaking out the seals. Primarily im not a huge fan of my dealer, second there's always a wait time. So, is there a way i can correct this myself?

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

If the cylinder is leaking and within the warranty period have the cylinder replaced. There should not be any issues as long as you have your plow registered.

5. Tuck11

Tuck11 Junior Member

You can go to the following web page and download the complete parts manual for your plow. They do make a seal kit (#96106077 this is for a lift cylinder with down pressure, if your plow does not have down pressure use part # 96106674)

However like to other guys said, if it is under warranty let the dealer replace the cylinder and you don't have to screw around with it.

If you do decide to repair it yourself make sure the piston rod in not bent, cause if it is, no seal kit in the world will stop it from leaking.

Mike

2000 Tundra
    2000 Snow-Way 24D

http://www.snoway.com/service/snowayindex

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

These are the part numbers for a entire cylinder. They do make a seal kit but unless you're an experienced Mechanic and have the tools including the proper spanner they are a pain to rebuild. Really doesn't make sense to pay someone to rebuild them, the labor and parts are too close to the cost of a new one.

This is the link to your unit.
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Parts Manuals/97100829h.pdf

7. Tuck11

Tuck11 Junior Member

Sorry about the wrong numbers, the correct numbers are 96106674 for a seal kit for a gravity down and 96101516 for a plow with down pressure.

Like basher said it will depend on your experience as to whether or not you want to rebuild them.

Mike

8. Plowinpro03

thank you all for the help,...im just gonna go and take it to the dealer, i wanted to avoid the dealer have him handle it......i just dont have a collar to keep the plow up b/c it doesn't function either now...just makes a noise. But, ill figure it out.