1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a easy way to mount/unmount Meyer MDII

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Boomer123, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

Just wondering how to make my life easier mounting and unmounted my older MDII plow. I tried google searching for any videos with no luck just new stuff. What I have been doing is not quick.

Plow is sitting on furniture mover rollers carts from harbor freight two under the moleboard and one under the a frame. I place a floor jack under the a frame to raise the tip of the a frame high enough to line up the pins and the holes. Then through a process of rocking and rolling I some how get it to pop in. Allthough this sound fast typing, I normally spend about 30 minuets getting the plow on the truck.
  2. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

I have a Quickmount Plow Cart that i use along with the MDII jack. Works very well for me. Usually can get the plow unmounted/mounted in about 1-2 minutes.
  3. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

Does Meyer sell this cart or something that you bought. I rest the plow on furniture mover dolly carts. have the jack but moves so slow I have use a floor jack. When do you use the jack
  4. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

I think Meyer sells them. You can also find them at Centralparts.com or Millsupply.com. Worth every penny IMO.
  5. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Boomer. I feel your pain. The other day I was mounting my plow when it was getting dark. I was so surprised when the pins went right in a couple of minutes for the first time ever. When I tried to move the plow it was flopping all over the place. When I checked it out the pins were over the holes. If I didn't have any bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

I have mine on a down sized pallet with casters on it. Thats fine but the most important part is that you have the A frame level with the truck mounts and be able to move it with the plow. I have one small jack on each side but I still have to pry one way or the other to get the pins in. Of course they can tip over when you move the plow too much. A floor jack may work better, but I think I will try something like the Quickmount Plow Cart. I just hope my bottle jacks will fit in their cart. The down side is that you have to have everything on level cement. Bare ground won't let the cart move around very well.
  6. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

you bring the plow up to the level of the back holes push it in and make sure u have enough slack in the lift chains so when u push the lift frame up it can move enough. and it should click right in
  7. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

Wish I could afford a new plow set up so I could just drive up and click click and your done. The new plow mounts are so easy.
  8. w4hyi

w4hyi Member

use a pallet jack it work's great
  9. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

I just drop mine on the ground, not on dollies, but I can usually have my blade hooked and be winding the jack up in under two minutes
  10. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

i had the same problem as you guys, when I first got my new meyer. What I was doing wrong is not pushing the lift arm down before dismounting, therefore not having any slack in the chains. After I did that not problems whatsoever. Might not be your problem but it sure was mine. LOL
  11. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

Thanks will have to try that next time
  12. NickT

NickT Senior Member

I do the same thing, my plow is on the garage floor I just pull up close to it with the frame lined up, you might have to get out of the truck a few times, then I hook up my chain and lift the plow until its lined up to put the pins in. Drop the blade all the way down, and push your ram down to readjust the chain takes less than 5 minutes
  13. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

one thing I just remembered. When I first put the blade on my truck, I didnt have the plow springs yet, so the nose of the truck sagged quite a bit. When I would back away after disconnecting it would go back up, and when I would go to reconnect it would fight me to the death. I put the right springs in to cure the sag, and never had a problem hooking up the plow like I did in those first two storms again.