1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is There a Difference between The New 2009 Chevs-2009 GMC??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Daner, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

I'm looking at the new Chev 2500 Silverado and the New 2009 Gmc

Have any of you guys compared the 2

Tell me which one you like the most and why ,for a plow and pleasure truck

2. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Mechanically they are identical. Only thing different are body styles, Interior may be a little different but they are the same truck.

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Is it as tough as the other years...Or did they stretch it thinner to bring down cost....

4. Daner

I have always known old Chevy's and GMC trucks to be much the same as well... But when you do the build the truck on there websites...there's a big difference In price...and the options seem to be laid out differently as well...and I don't see a 3500 series 4x4 without the duels.
    1 Option I see Is the snow plow package...comes with a heavy duty alternator 160 amp...and the wiring for a lite on the roof...But no beefed up front springs...I would think they should offer a heavier duty front end

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I know with Chevy you can get a 3500 SRW, I dont know about GMC. The only difference is a couple options, exterior and a little interior difference.

6. Daner

Thanks for that Info

I wonder If the front end would be beefier

7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

That i'm not sure about

8. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

I have been a chevy man for years still own one and thought chevy and GMC were the same
    last spring I bought an 05 GMC like a chevy I had a few years earlier noticed a big diffrence in handling and power I like my 2500 hd GMC better than my 3500 chevy the GMC has stonger suppention more acceleration and rides better, I do suffer a little in the turning radious . interior is the same

9. Riccas

Riccas Member

2500 Denali... yeahhhhhhhhhh

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

No diff at all. I prefer GMC's though. I have 2 NBS 07's and an 02 all with DMax'x and I can tell you, you will love the NBS trucks.

11. itssnowtime

itssnowtime Member

I've got 3 GMC's and love them! I've got a buddy with a Chev silverado and it seems like he's always fixing something on it. he just replaced the tranny last month?
    someone once said that Chevy makes cars and GMC makes trucks!

12. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

Same truck, minor differences in the interior and different style front headlight and grill. It all comes down to which style front end you like better.

13. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

ya.. the look. you cant get an 09 chevy to look decent. but you can get a decent looking Gmc. the only difference is the grill that makes the difference.