1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a chat room?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Snow Encrusted, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Snow Encrusted

Snow Encrusted Member

Is there a snow plow chat room? If not let's make one I think it could work. :rolleyes:

2. cumminswithplow

cumminswithplow Senior Member

I don't know where or how to set one up. But thats sounds like a great idea to me.

3. Snow Encrusted

Snow Encrusted Member

Hit the mods. lets make this work; sometimes you need info fast
    :cool:

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Chat room's need full time mod's. I have seen some(NASCAR.com) that would set times to have open chat so a full time mod is not needed but they would still have to pay the mod for time spent modding a "live" chat.

Unless volenteers are used and in that case I think the boards are the only option.

You can set up a conferance in yahoo and then post that your plow room chat is open and see whom joins in.

Each day keep the room open at the same time and same name and host yourself. I don't see many users taking advantage of it but you could try.

5. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Thedieselstop has a chat room that does not have any mod's. Guys post in the forum when they want to meet in there and then chat away. The 94'-97' guys do it on Thursday nights and I have never seen or heard of a moderator. If some bone-head comes in and starts acting up everyone pretty much just ignores them but I have not seen much of a problem with it. There are plenty of chat-rooms out there for them kind of folks..