1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a Boss-V to avoid ??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Avitare, Oct 16, 2007.

1. We have posted interest in buying a used Boss V for an F350 (older with many mods)

Are there models/years that we should avoid ??
    Or, models that we should limit our search for ??

This truck is so old, that a new plow would double the value !!
    (but dont tell my partner I said that -- its his truck)
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Try to stick with either an RT2 or RT3 style Boss (early 90's or newer) The RT1's were fine, but they're a bit of a dinosaur now. And, having an RT2 or 3 will allow you to bolt on the newer style cutting edges to eliminate the gap between the cutting edges on an RT2, or do away with the troublesome center snow catcher if it's an RT3, once you get tired of replacing it :D.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Be sure you can get a mount for the truck. mounts for some of the older plows are not available for the newer trucks.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:) Good point Basher, but since he said that a plow would double the valve of the truck, I'd say its an older truck, so it shouldn't be to hard to find the correct mount.
  5. thanks, good info

We will heed your advice.
    That is what we were trying to find out !!

Still trying to find a maintained Boss V
    and yes it is an older F350. I is quite high so we will have to custom the
    mount to get down to design mount levels.
    We are building a dump box now and still hoping to find a good used plow.
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Define well maintained. I have one off a '94 Dodge 3500. It is well used, but has had proper maintenance and repairs performed. Took it off for a SpeedWing upgrade last year, but it still works fine. Only other slight issue would be the pump is under the hood, but it is less than a season old. No truck mounts with it, the old ones were not worthy of salvage other than scrap steel. I believe it is an RT2.

Let me know if you might be interested. I hope to sell the truck soon, and the plow will be going on the flat bed otherwise.