1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a blade that doesn't leave it on your windshield?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sqdqo, Jun 11, 2012.

1. sqdqo

sqdqo Member
    from mqt mi

Is there any manufacturer straight or V that doesn't leave so much snow on your hood and windshield that you can't see where your going? I plow some private roadways and long driveways where you have to maintain some speed to blow the snow as far out as possible to try and keep the banks down. This means 15-20mph with alot of snow and ice blowing over the top of the blade plugging the radiator, icing the windshield and obscuring your vision. I have used both the boss standard V and the XT with the rubber flap. Both allow alot of snow/ice over the top. I always run with the defroster and temp. on high with the windshield wipers going to keep the windshield from freezing up and leaving the drivers window open some to keep the cab from getting too hot. I have a 3/4 ton pickup and plan to buy a tractor 70hp or so with a quick attach system for some type of snow blade. Any ideas?

2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

at those speeds not sure any of the mfg's deflection systems will work completely. i know fisher makes a hard snow foil that curves down. our vxt with rubber flap seems to work quite well though.

dont think u can get the foils on the v plows though:
    [​IMG]

3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I really like how my blizzards roll and throw snow. They have a very aggressive curl and overhang so they roll the snow rather than push it. With "normal" snow I don't get much blown up on the windshield (rubber flap on the plow as well), but with real powdery snow you still have to slow down, there's just not much you can do to prevent it at those speeds.

4. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

I don't get much on my windshield snoway has a molded plastic on the top. Not a lot of blow over. But like ^ he said light snow will.

I love my Z

5. mpgall26

mpgall26 Senior Member

I forget the exact specs, youd have to look, but fishers X blades curve at a greater degree. I have a 9' SS with rubber deflector that does well.

6. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

No...........

7. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Yes ^^^^^^^^