1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

IS there a 24/7 Salt Supplier in Chicagoland Area?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by newlooklandscp, Dec 5, 2005.

1. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Anyone know of a 24/7 Salt Supplier in the Chicagoland Area? or any bulk salt supplier in general. Im located about 5 minutes outside of O'Hare Airport. If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks
    Ken - New Look Landscaping

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
  2. SwiftSnow&Salt

SwiftSnow&Salt Member

This is a great question...seeing as I went thru 2 pallets of 50# bags on Sunday and had to buy 30 - 25# bags from JEWEL @3.79 cause i ran out UGH! 17 of my 2" minimum people didn't shovel (the 1" snow we got Saturday night) and had a nice ice rink for me to salt.

3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Why didnt you go to Homey cheaps or manards ? Jewel heck they seen you coming lol. Homey cheaps opens at 8 am on sunday.
    I allways stash 24 bags for that emergency suppy to get me squeeking buy. Just enough and does not take up alot of room.

Todd

4. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

So does anyone know of any? I see some landscapers in the area store their own salt and load it up with a bobcat while other leave in the middle of the night and come back full of salt. They have to be going somewhere? I dont want to have to follow one of them, haha, or have to store it at my landscaping yard.

Ken - New Look Landscaping

5. SwiftSnow&Salt

SwiftSnow&Salt Member

'cause t-man...

Home Depot or menards etc. wasn't an option @ 11PM on a Sunday night. All my "reserve" salt (1 pallet 2450#'s) went out to all my clients who decided to not shovel when temps hovered around 20 degrees :gunsfiring: I drove EVERYWHERE for 1+ hours before I chose to pay 2X at Jewel :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring: :cry:

6. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

try talking to some of the bigger snow removal firms or landscapers in the area. We supply a couple of local guys and have no problem doing it as they don't compete with us and don't use too much.Unfortunately we are too far to help you but there may be someone closer who might be able to help you out.

7. i know of a guy in Peotone down south if he knows that we are going to get snow or ice he owns AREA salt and chem. if you need any salt let me know as i can get ahold of him for you my number is 708 670 8504 russ

8. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I can be reached 24 hours. I only sell bulk salt though. My shop is in Crete about 1 mile west of I394 Call me at 219-808-9328

9. SwiftSnow&Salt

SwiftSnow&Salt Member

Hey 84 DieselMan....

Hey im a little guy in Lombard :)

I try to keep 2-3 pallets of bagged salt on hand for my accounts, but have recently run out as posted above.

Would you be able to possibly hook me (a lil guy) up with a pallet in a pinch?

PS-I currently buy from Lenny's in Addison or Landscape Depot in Lombard. Please let me if possible. Please call me (630)669-1704 if able to. If calling today or tonight, might be voice mail as I just got done plowing :bluebounc :nod: :bluebounc 21 Hours staight in December in chicago!

Anywho, let me know

Al Muisenga
    Swift Snow & Salt

10. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I don't supply bagged salt. I only keep bulk salt on hand for use in a V box or dump truck. Sorry.

11. Joliet Salt if your up for a drive. Its on Route 6/Maple Rd. in Joliet.

12. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

sorry we only have bulk salt.i am jealous I only got in 14.5 hours today after 9.5 hrs in the paving truck.

13. EverestSnow

EverestSnow Junior Member

HELP with BULK SALT SOUTH CHCGO SUBURBS

Hi we're in need of bulk salt and are will to travel for it if need be. Please call 708-237-0300 or 630-926-7676 if you can help us out.

14. EverestSnow

EverestSnow Junior Member

Help!

Please let me know if you can help me out...I need 2 semi loads of bulk salt. My # isd 708-237-0300. Thx.