1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is the xls board interchangeable with

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 1olddogtwo, Jan 18, 2010.

1. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

a wideout a frame??? i post that also in western forum, but i figured i would ask here too.

does any XLS owner have any close up shots of the back of the moldboard ???

I'm looking for where the the pivot bolt and the rams attach. i know my attach to a bar that allows the wideout to trip on.

pat's holding folder 019a.jpg

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

nobody has an XLS ??

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Kinda off topic but why is it a POS?

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I just took a glance at the Fisher Website and there is no pictures of the back of the moldboard except for some drawings. BUT it does look like it would bolt up to your frame- there is a center hole (pivot) and two side holes (for the angle rams). It looks like if you took off that forward most bracket on your setup, it should bolt up.

5. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

I am a fisher dealer talked to the fisher tech guys directly and asked them if the moldboards are interchangeable. fisher said they are not. there are some slight differences that prevent them from being interchangeable. Besides the moldboard alone costs about $2500,which seems like alot. Why do you want to switch? Is your western wideout moldboard destroyed?