1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

is the winter season over since it is spring

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jnhowell, Mar 20, 2008.

1. jnhowell

jnhowell Junior Member
    from ohio

i have some really rude customers who have been a big pain all winter im in eastern ohio and we are do 3 to 6 inches tomorrow. my contracts state thru the winter season so could i tell them i will plow but for a per push since its spring now ? when is the winter season considered over . thanks p.s . no i don't care about repeating next year with them

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

If you contracted to plow for the "season" that could last well into April as far as rogue snowstorms go...around here anyway...I think you should continue plowing and making money. You say they were "pita" clients...If they owe you and won't pay for past services, blow them off and let them shovel their own. In my book, it's winter as long as it's snowing, regardless of the calendar.
  3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

im in NE ohio my contracts go from nov.1-april 15. in the 15 years ive been plowing i have plowed on halloween one year and mid april another year.
  4. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

nope...not here

Well, it's snowing here this morning and my contracts say from first snow event to last snow event (Oct. to April)...sooo, I would not renew with them next year, but I would look at exactly what your contract says...jmo
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

mine go through the end of april. why would you not want to plow them.Take there money again and get rid of them for next year. these late storms are a blessing to get a head start into the busy season.payup
  6. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

My contracts used to state Nov 15 -april 15. But I now state they go nov 1 - april 1 after that it is a per push price at next years rate.

I think next year they will state Nov 15 - may 1. The way we get all these late snow storms.
  7. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, they go from Nov1 to April 1. If you extend your contracts another month, charge'em BIG $$payup
  8. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

If your contracts don't state any dates, then call'em up & say it'll be more $$. ...but for those who u want to keep on for next year, I'd continue plowing for them until April 1st !
  9. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

see for me when it snows i plow i dont care if its june. i have to plow my own driveway anyway. but if that have been a pain tell them to shovel
  10. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

our seasonal contracts are from nov 1 - april 1. before and after that are on a per push basis as stated in our contracts. all accounts know that if it snows september 10 we will be there. and if it snows april 30 we will be there.

our contracts state that all snow removal and ice management is ready from sep 1 to may 1. we have never plowed or anything in early september i just used that to make a point
  11. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

My contract is Nov 1 - April 30
  12. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Technically spring started March 21 and meterological spring has started too.
    So, if there are no dates in you contract, call the ones you want to dump and tell them "it's spring, now it's XXX per push"