1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

is the ST too short

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by pipe76, Nov 1, 2006.

1. pipe76

pipe76 Junior Member
    from 06278

I am buying a plow for my 2000 Wrangler 4.0, and although the clearance pricing on the ST models are great, the 18" height makes me nervous. I can move up to the MT but was told if I do that I should stick with the 6'8" (My jeep is 6' wide from outside edge to edge - with a 6'8" plow angled that will hardly clear a path for my jeep and I'll be driving in the windrow.) I priced out a blizzard 7'2" for $3290 installed, but there is no DP or wireless control. any advice (experience related)
  2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I've never had a problem with the 18" moldboard on mine, it rolls the snow well and seems to only spill over when you're stacking.
  3. pipe76

pipe76 Junior Member
    from 06278

I just got off the phone and bought a 22 series 7'6" with DP, wireless joystick, and installation for $4000. Good price? I like the extra 4" on top[ of the plow, and it is quite a bit lighter which is nice for my 4 year old rancho rock crawler springs. I'll posts a pic once its mounted. I think this plow and 4 studded 235/75/15 tires should make this jeep almost unstoppable. Now I need 4 steel 15" wheels for my snows.
  4. i have a 6'8'' on my ranger. It works really well, but yeah it does feel kinda small at times. BUT I don't really want anything too big because i don't want to kill my truck, plus I bought this used off of another ranger for 1200 bucks so I can't complain. And with the moldboard being 18'', the only time I've had issues is when a storm dumped a bunch of snow on us.
  5. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I plowed 18" of snow with my ST and it worked fine.......rolls very well........

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The easiest way to answer your question is to send you to our factory website http://www.snoway.com and have you click on the ST link. Choose the video link and watch it in action.