1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is the price Fair

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by djchiu, Sep 11, 2003.

1. djchiu

djchiu Junior Member

I'm charging $300 retainer and $14.50 and $50 for heavy snow residential driveways and $50 for parking lots. :salute:

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Without knowing the sizes,or any other details,there is really no way to determine if the prices are fair.They do sound a little low for some things.More info would help.

3. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

You asked this once before.

Generally we don't discuss prices here. BUT.

YOU need to figure out what a job costs YOU. Then add your desired profit margin.

I don't know of anyone charging a "retainer" Maybe seasonal pricing or one plow a month is a better way to phrase it.

As for $50 a driveway, sure go plow my parents drive which is 12' wide and 1250' long. You need to think about how long a driveway would take. $50 for a heavy snow? Aren't you going to keep up with storm, can you plow 2' at once? You will probably need to make multiple trips in a "heavy" snow. $50 for the 7' that Buffalo got a couple of winters ago?

$14.50 an hour for snow shoveling? I won't do it for that and I don't know anyone reliable, mature, responsible and who do it for 8-10 hours for that much. Is that what you are going to charge the customer or is that what you are paying you employees? Are you adding in the 25% for taxes, social security, workmens comp and overhead?

Just some things to think about.

Howard

4. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

I don't know of any customer that would pay a "retainer". Good for you if you can get it. What do you mean by the $14.50 amount? I've got several parking lots that I charge $600 per plowing, would you do them for $50 for me?