1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is the plow too big for me?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bbuck2, Mar 30, 2006.

1. bbuck2

bbuck2 Junior Member

Been looking for a reasonable fisher 7.5 mm1 rd. Found a mm1 8' hd. My vehicle is a 1997 light duty ford f250. You can see more about the vehicle with pictures under ford forum "what plow frame". I would rather go a little light than too heavy. My feeling is it's too heavy but I have never plowed and respect the knowledge you guys have. Will be plowing on and around the farm. Thanks, Bob
  2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I personally would stick with the 7.5' based on that the frame of that truck is basically like an F150 just beefed up a bit. Just my opinion, I am sure others will differ!
  3. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I agree with first time out
  4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Go 7.5 or beef it up alot with timbrens, tires, and lots of ballast.
  5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

The 7.5' would work fine for you. No need to beef your truck up and take a chance with the 8' because it is always nice to have a sure thing.