1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is the F-150 an alright truck to plow with

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by kruser6, Aug 5, 2009.

1. kruser6

kruser6 Member
    from Iowa

I am looking into an F-150, 4 door, 5.4, Do you guys think it will plow alright?

Thanks in advance.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

It will break in half.

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Just kidding. Yes it will plow.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

It will work fine.
    Next time you have a question try READING before you post. Your question has been asked and answered many many times.

6. kruser6

kruser6 Member
    from Iowa

Thanks, and sorry about not using the search function. I am just getting use to using this.

I appreciate any help.

7. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

i've always plowed with half ton trucks, my truck now is a 99 f150 xtra cab, (pic in my sig.) its got a 5.4 and im running 285/75/16 tires with the torsion bars cranked and a set of timbrens. You can hardly tell my 7'6" MM2 is there, plenty f power, and with the suspension set up the way it is, it hardly squats, occasionally i get a little tire rub on the factory splash gaurds, but nothing serious, only on tight turns with the plow up.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No worries:nono: The guys have just answered this question a lot lately (OK it's the same every year.:grin:) we are more apologizing for not swamping you with info (as the site is known to do) but B&B has given you the links to the most pertinent threads..

Oh and as Kid Rock would say WELCOME TO THE PARTY:waving:xysport

9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Any question you have try using the search function first. That way you get a good education and your question may be answered. If not, throw it out we like the hard questions. At the bottom is "Off Topic" you can throw out question on stuff there too. Like computer questions, how do I? Or any Plumbers here? etc.