1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is the 71/2 full trip a good plow????

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by F150dash, Feb 11, 2009.

1. F150dash

F150dash Member

I may have a deal in place for a 71/2 full trip hiniker does anyone have any experience good or bad with this plow or the 8ft version of it??? Thanks
  2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

sorry no experience but i would go with the 8 footer:drinkup:
  3. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

I personally have no experience other than watching people plow with them, and all the years ive been on this forum i dont ever recall seeing any complaints about hiniker plows. Is the deal just on the 7 1/2footer or can you get it on the 8ft plow also?? If you can and want to go with the 8 footer that will be fine it weights literally 11 lbs more than the 7 1/2 version...you can go on hiniker.com and check it out under the "conventional" tab on the top of the screen. Some timbrens in the front and alittle weight in the bed and your truck will be fine! Good luck and keep us up to date on your decision!
  4. earlybirds

earlybirds Junior Member

I have the 7.5 ft.full trip Hiniker blade. I have used it extensively every winter since I bought it brand new in year 2000. I have had absolutely no problems with it. It is very quick to hook up & dismount. I built myself a plow dolly to store it on, and just roll it up to the front of the truck for hookup. Simple!
  5. F150dash

F150dash Member

Thanks for the replies. Not to sure if they have any 8 footers left. This is the last 71/2 in this area. I can't find anything else. I have always liked hiniker plows just never got to try one out. I am going to try and get to the dealer t/m and talk face to face. The only issue I have is the dealer is an hour away but there may be a plow dealer that can get parts if need be that is only 20 mins away. I also looked into the boss sport duty but wow expensive and they are back ordered at least 3 weeks.
  6. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I have run Hiniker plows for a few years now and the only complaint I would have is they do trip kind of easy (the full trip blades). Hiniker now offers a dual spring set up to help with this. I personally never bothered to get the springs on my 8'er works fine for me.

Hiniker also has a "problem" with the forks breaking off on the truck side mount. This is something that is typically only seen on heavier plows.

Like already stated, get the 8' if there is one available since its only like 11lbs heavier. Cant go wrong with a 7.5' though unless you are doing commercial plowing.
  7. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I use a 8ft full trip on my half ton, I use it lightly , it weights enough to back blade unlike the 700 homeowner version I traded back in. Oh the extra foot is nice I no longer drive on top of snow in full angle.
    only like 16lbs more for the 8 over the 7.5
  8. poolboy

poolboy Junior Member

I have a 2002 chevy 1/2 ton with the 7.5' hiniker and like the combo. I built my own box ends and they help alot. I am running timbrens in the front and 400# in the box. I plow some small and big comercial lots with it. It works great for the smaller area's(loading docks, drive thru's, etc.) and does ok in the big lot areas.
  9. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to 8 months ago :p
  10. poolboy

poolboy Junior Member

I am aware of the dates. Thank you for the warm welcome to the board NBI Lawn.......... I posted cuz nothing was said if he chose the blade or not. Just giving my experience with what he was asking about in case he still has not bought anything yet.
  11. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Congrats on actually using the search feature or looking thru posts. Welcome to the site! Since this has been brought back up, I ran an 8' Hiniker full trip for 8 years with very little problems. Had a solenoid go out once and I did break the truck side mount after 7 yrs, but that was probably more to the fact that I made some custom full height wings that were at a 45* scoop and added 2' to the blade. I would recommend this blade.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2009