1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is paying for a listing on websites worth it?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by oatka, Mar 22, 2004.

1. oatka

oatka Junior Member

I've been searching the forum for info on websites run by third parties and trying to determin if it's worth paying them to be listed on their contractors page. It seams like it could help to get new customers, but I'm just curious if anyone has done it and if it's helped. Are there other sites I should/could list on? The one site I've found charges $25 for the listing and that seams reasonable but I think if the site drives at least one good customer my way then it would have been worth paying twice that much for it. I guess it all depends wether or not I get a new contract from it. Thoughts?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2004
  2. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

well I was on one and I never got a call specifically from it but I am starting a nationwide directory www.findaplowcontractor.com and the listings are free

3. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Big Nate

I see that your site is up and running, why are there no plowers listed, not even you?

4. Big Nate's Plowing

been kinda sidetracked with other design work (read;paying ;) )

I havnt gotten to fixing the form yet, e-mail me your info if you want to be listed on there ncls@buckeye-express.com

5. oatka

oatka Junior Member

Well Big Nate, someday your site might be ready and worthwhile. I guess no one here has used the other listings with or without success.

6. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

This is a good site to look into your own web site, they also have a few links that kind of relate to what you are looking for. From what I have seen of them in the past year there pricing and workmanship is as good as it gets
    http://www.pavementpro.com/

if I am not alowed to post this please delete it.
    Dwan

7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I get all my business from word of mouth.:nod:

8. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

I am listed on one and have goten many calls and landed contracts from being on it the price of being listed is one of the least expensive ways to advertise.

Most of the calls i have gotten from it did turn into clients , and most from it were not just price shopping like with a yellow page ad

that has ben my experience

9. mainscape

mainscape Junior Member

OBRYANMAINT,

Which site did you list with and experience this success.

10. Big Nate's Plowing

11. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

***********************.com
    you can e-mail me and i can give it to you