1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is New Dodge Ram Big Horn 1500 quad sufficient for Plowing

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by PeterB, Aug 19, 2012.

1. PeterB

PeterB Junior Member

I purchased this New Dodge Ram Big Horn 1500 quad and discovered the front suspension not the same as my old 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 which I traded in.

1. Wondering if the suspension in the new Dodge can handle the 15 private driveways I plow each winter?

2. Wondering if I can add to front suspension to make it stronger, and what to add.

2. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

You should be fine what is the front gwn weight?

3. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

"Big Horn" is just a decal and interior package.

Throw a 7.5' straight blade on it and go!

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check the manufacturers guides. Dodge joined ford with the electric power steering in the 2012 half ton models.

5. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Can you fab? If you can, throw a 7.5 on it and go. If you do bust anything odds are you are handy enough to fix it. I run a 7.5 3 spring meyers on my 2004 QC 1500 SLT and it handles it like a champ after a few cranks of the torsion bars and bilstein shocks.

If you can't fab, may be check with snow way, they have real light plows that may bolt on to your specific model