1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is my Solenoid freezing up?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by AUB1, Dec 13, 2008.

1. AUB1

AUB1 Member

I've been having quite a time finding this problem with freezing up. I have a mm2 and while plowing last week it froze up. It happene a few times until it wouldn't work at all. The motor was wining and plow wasn't moving. Si I changed the fluid in the system. There was fisher fluid in it that was very clean, not milky or cloudie at all. I supported the plow and moved the rams in and out, I got it all out and am having the same problem when the temp drops below zero. A friend told me it might be a little water getting in the solenoid and preventing it from doing it's thing....any thoughts?
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

If the motor is running its getting power through the solenoid then. The motor does run but noting happens with the plow when cold?
  3. AUB1

AUB1 Member

thats right. The motor's running and I try to get the plow to move and it just wines...the plow will drop of course but it won;t go up or side to side. As soon as the temp rises above freezing, it works fine. Do you think it's the motor?