1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is my pricing to high ( Canada)

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by plow north, Oct 27, 2006.

1. plow north

plow north Member

I put a bid in on a Bell Canada site I would have had to travel 1.5 hr to location one way
    1km of road and 3500sq feet of parking space my bid was $375 dollars x 8=3000 per.
    month for six months it would have cost them18,000 per year is this too high please let me know as i didn't get the bid.:realmad:

2. EnviroTeam

EnviroTeam Member

Hi there, I am in Barrie, Ont. Just wondering where you are talking about, you say X8 is that the number of times per month you usually can expect to have to go? if it is a fairly accurate estimate of the number of plowing events you can expect then your price seems OK That is a hell of a drive! and you have to charge accordingly, Is this site in the middle of nowhere? or could it be that they found someone closer that didn't have to factor the traveling time in?

3. plow north

plow north Member

Is my pricing to high

the next closest contractor is about half hour away plus return trip makeing it 1 hr total he is a much larger contractor more overhead i just can't see how they can make money going any lower also i used 8 times i case of heavyer snow falls to cover costs it may have cost me the bid. thanks for the reply::salute:

4. canadabruce

canadabruce Junior Member

I don't know where you are in Ontario, but in Cambridge we use 20 plowable events for the year as a five year average. 8 X 6 is 48 events which is why I suspect you didn't get the job, not your pricing per event.

5. EnviroTeam

EnviroTeam Member

yes, I use 23 events in Barrie as my average per season, that has been fairly accurate over the years. I still don't know where we are talking about here though