1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

is my plow too big ??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by meyer t-5, Jan 21, 2009.

1. meyer t-5

meyer t-5 Junior Member
    from erie

i know this probably sounds stupid but i just bought a plow for my truck and i dont know if it is too big for it. i have a 95 gmc 1500 ext cab short bed with a 350ci and i bought a 7 1/2 foot power angle plow with an e47. what do you guys think is it too big or no

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

should be okay

3. Lowell_Ma_Snow

Lowell_Ma_Snow Member

Is this one of those trick questions like when the wife asks "do these pants make my butt look big?" Anywho, I had a 93 Chevy Stepside 350 cu w/8' Fisher and worked like a mule.

4. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

I dont think your could put anything smaller than 7 1/2' on a full size truck. When angled it's about the same width. Weight should be okay, My meyers really don't seem very heavy.

5. '76cj5

'76cj5 Member

That's what size i'm running on my Jeep CJ5.

6. AGM Inc.

AGM Inc. Member
    from Ohio

you should do more than fine. i had a chevy 1500 with an 8' meyer blade and i got a new 1500 chevy that i put a 7.5 poly blade and they both plowed snow with no problem. i only wish it was higher.

7. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

Perfect match :nod:

8. meyer t-5

meyer t-5 Junior Member
    from erie

ok thanks guys. i didnt think it was to big but just making sure. i have 6" suspention lift on it and it helps so i dont get hung up to easy.and i think it looks cool too a big lifted truck plowing.

9. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Just make sure the measurment from the ground to the carriage is the right height. If not you will go trough cutting edges fast, by having the blade at a different angle.

10. meyer t-5

meyer t-5 Junior Member
    from erie

ya i had that problem with my old plow so i took a western uni mount truck mount and welded my meyer mount to the bottom of it to make up for the 6" or so of difference and then reinforced the heck out of it. it may sound rigged but i im young and dont have alot of money so i made it work.