1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

is my plow short

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Frank, Jan 11, 2001.

1. Frank

Frank Member

i am looking to add another plow on the road i have a 89 jeep wrangler and found a used 6 1/2ft. meyer poly plow. my jeep is about 6 ft. and someone told me i need a 7 ft. i am trying to keep it small for tight areas. can anyone tell me if i would be makeing a mistake?

2. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Welcome Frank, the 6.5 would be just fine for your jeep but you could go with a 7ft and still get in those tight spots.

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I would take the 6.5 and add pro wings. At the low rate of speed that the wrangler will be moving snow, they should hold up fine on the 6.5' plow.
    Dino

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

We have a 6.5' on our 95 wrangler and it works fine.

5. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

Worried about your plow being too short? Sounds like a personal problem . . .

6. Iceman

Iceman Member

We have a friend that plows one account with a Jeep/6-5 plow, a storage facility. It takes him awhile but it does get the job done. As said above, pro wings could always be added later on.

7. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Don't worry Storm....

I caught it.

8. SCL

SCL Senior Member

There goes one of those Iowa guys thinking with the wrong lever again. Enjoy the whooping Illinois is gonna give the Hawkeyes tonight!

9. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

I am in no way a Hawkeye fan; so give 'em a good whooping.

10. Frank

Frank Member

thanks for the replys
    the thing is i am afraid that when i plow with the blade angled left or right will i get snow in front of my front tire.

11. NEAL

NEAL Member

He said he found a poly plow. Can you put pro wings on a poly?

Neal

12. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

is my plow short?

I plow for years with 6.5 's on Jeep CJ's. No sweat.

As my carpenter friends say, it ain't the tools, it's the carpenter. So as you develop your skills as a driver, get that special intuition that you can back up to where you started just by counting seconds in your head, visualize your paths and stack areas before you even attack a drive or lot, you will find a cj with 6.5 is adequate and angles snow just fine at full left or right. But I do recommend chains on that little gal just so she can stop if ice is under the snow!