1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is my MVP plus high enough?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by igloo_kid, Nov 24, 2010.

1. igloo_kid

igloo_kid Junior Member

I have a 8'6" MVP plus mounted on a 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD. I have the plow installed according to western's manuals and I notice that when I have my plow in the V position, it drags on big bumps, driveways, turning up on hills/coming down on hills, and on sidewalks. Is this a Chevy thing that makes it ride low or is it installed wrong? I have a leveling kit on the front end and a 2" suspension lift on the back and use around 800 lbs of ballast in the bed (Long bed crew cab pickup) and my plow just doesn't seem like it sits as high as some of my friend's Boss V-plows. Can anybody tell me why this is??

2. wj4play

wj4play Member

Crank the torsion bars a few turns. See if that helps

3. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

Thats gunna happen, in V position they hang low on the corners. Mine hits too, I just bump the button and straighten it just off of V a bit.

4. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

I'm running into the same problem with my new mvp plus. My fisher xtreme v lifts a lot higher and will stack a foot higher compared to the western.

5. igloo_kid

igloo_kid Junior Member

Cool, thanks for the replies guys. I sure appreciate it. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families!