1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is my Iso module junk?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 978dakota, Dec 7, 2008.

1. 978dakota

978dakota Junior Member

I have a 1999 Dodge Dakota Sport that I am putting a 7.5' MM1 3 plug on...Plow works great now, but the lights are a little screwy. With or without the plow connected, my right headlight stays on all the time. All the lights work fine, except this one light stays on. If I plug the plow to the truck, the truck headlight will shut off, but the right plow headlight will come on. I switched the harnesses (4 port white label module) from 3 to 4, 4 to 3...same situation but with the left light instead. Also, when I plug the plow in and turn on the lights, my high beam indicator comes on. Is that normal?

2. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

Well if the high beam indicator light is staying on it means one of the harnesses is not wired correctly. Double check your harness and verify that the configuration is the same as the bulb being used. We see this alot with the Dodge as their full size sports use both 9004 and 9005 and they have been know to install the wrong bulb on just one side on other trucks. This truck should be an HB-5. Verify that the bulbs are HB-5 and that the harnesses are wired as follows - On the 10 pin connector that plugs into the module the blue wire should be inserted in to pin J and the yellow into A. On the headlamp connector the blue wire should be in the center pin B and and orange into the pin A and the red which was already preinstalled should be in pin C.

Brian

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  3. 978dakota

978dakota Junior Member

Brian, you're the man. The lights didn't work because of what you said above, and also what you said about the jumper wire in the other post. If you weren't up in Maine, I'd come over there and hug you. :)