1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is my blade at the right angle?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by berlincam86, Mar 31, 2008.

1. berlincam86

berlincam86 Member

I recently changed blades from a 8 foot hd blade to this tiny 7.5 foot. I was wondering if the top of the blade is too far forward? Im pretty sure I adjust it with the 3 holes that are on the back of the A frame but i just wanted to be sure. I dont have the trip edge on it right now im repairing it. I hope that because its missing right now it wont make too much of a differance on what angle I should have it. Anyway thank you in advance for the help and recommendations.

100_0841.jpg

100_0842.jpg

100_0843.jpg

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

angle

it look's real good to me !

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

yep looks good

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Judging by your pics the A-frame is level without the base angle on it now. Which of course is what you want, but once you install the base angle I think your going to find the rear of the A-frame is too low since the base is going to raise the moldboard up by several inches causing the A-frame to run down hill to the truck.

5. berlincam86

berlincam86 Member

Ok so would i have to move it to what hole? Top, middle, or bottom? I will get the edge back on it and take some emore pics as soon as i can get some money to get a edge. Thanks for all your help.

6. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

wow, think its time for a new blade

7. berlincam86

berlincam86 Member

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You'll probably need to move it up from whichever hole it's in in the pic in order to get the A-frame level again after installing the base angle..

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Can't tell, you even have the trip edge on that thing?

10. berlincam86

berlincam86 Member

Ok. Its on the bottom hole now so i would move it to the middle hole then.

No there is no trip edge on it. I said that in the first post.

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

sorry didn't see that line.

12. berlincam86

berlincam86 Member

No problem.

13. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

wow thats one old fisher... how are the springs still on it..:eek:

14. berlincam86

berlincam86 Member

I hope your talking about the blade on the first pics. If you are the blade itself is in great shape all it needs is paint. The whole thing is in great shape really the only thing is I had to repair the area where the spring holder bolts to the trip edge. There was no replaceable cutting edge on it when i got it and they ground it down till the springs came off. I welded the place where they attatched to the trip edge and drilled new holes. I will have to get new spring holders but i think it should hold up pretty good. I will be putting a replaceable cutting edge on it. and painting it and it should be good as new. if your talking about the plow blade in the thread i refered to let me know.

15. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks good to me....if anything that angel will help u scrape better!

16. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

i dont like that there isnt any trip edge left when you hit something solid your teeth will come out....
    get a sheet of stainless and reskin the old one atleast the trip edge looks healthy on it..

jmo

17. berlincam86

berlincam86 Member

I do have a trip edge for the blade without one. I was just repairing it at the time of the pics. Here is a pic with the trip edge. When I got it it came without a cutting edge. The trip spring holders were out from scraping the ground so I welded the holes shut and drilled new holes. Im waiting for the trip spring installer tool to install the trip springs then Im going to put a cutting edge on it and it should be good for another season.

100_0867.jpg

18. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

the a frame should be level with the levelest piece of ground you can find and WOWWWW you need a new base angle!!!! thats what NO cutting edge does to a plow :0 If you put a cutting edge on that base angle the cutting edge will just bend over it and the plow will float over the snow instead of carve it out!