1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

IS magic salt worth it?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Ripple, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Ripple

Ripple Member

Not that I can even find it here in PA but if I do find a dealer is it worth the 10-14 bucks per bag?
    I need to stock up on a couple pallets of 50 lb bags!
  2. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

winter weather services in latrobe pa has bulk now, I was thinking about using bag and they could have gotten it for me. I lkie the bulk it is sprayed with a heavier concentration of the liquid 8 gallons for bulk compared to 4 gallons for bag. 724-694-0100 jerri should answer tell her dave from down in wv told you to call.
  3. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

re;$$ salt

home rescue
    what did you pay for Magic bulk..last year i got a load for about $100 a ton..i wasn't sure if i got ripped or not. However, last January i was the only one down to blacktop. Its well worth the $$ if its cold enough..
  4. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

RIPPLE............Magic Salt kicks butt ! Works below freezing and lasts a long time. I used to use all calcium chloride. But a quick melt and the cal. chl. would wash away. The magic would still be there.

I paid 8 bucks for 50/70 lb. bags of Magic vs. 11 bucks for 75 lbs. of cal chl.

Check out http.//www.magicsalt.com for a dist. near you.

Even better call John Parker in Poughkeepsie 845 485 4200
    He can answer all questions and give you prices. Its prob. better to pick up yourself like I do. Shipping can get $pendy !...............geo