1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is Load range D enough for my needs?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by homey1, Nov 19, 2004.

1. homey1

homey1 Member

I'm still looking for tires for my 99 F250 SD w/ Boss 8'. I do not plow commercially, just my business' 10 car lot, 1/4 mile of road and 2 driveways. Do you guys think load range D is burly enough or should I definitely go E??
    I really like the look of 285/75 16's on my stock truck.

2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

In that tire size, no problems at all for sure, a "D" is more than enough fror your needs and then some.

3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Yup, "D" range is MORE than enough for your needs. They are rated at 2910 pounds per tire. That's a total of 11,640 pounds of loaded vehicle. Way more than you should be hauling in your super pooper. :nod:

4. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

I've been running 285/75r16's on my f350 for 5 years and have had no problems. I don't think you'd ever have to worry unless you're hauling 12,000 lbs on a daily basis.