1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is it worth the money?!?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MLI, Mar 20, 2002.

1. MLI

MLI Member
    from Boston

Hey guys..
    Im looking at a 96 Yukon GMC 4x4. Its diesel , loaded with 100k on it. Now I know the diesels are good for 200k + but im not sure about the quality of GM diesels. How are they? The guy wants $12k for it. Truck is excellant condition, is this a decent deal?
    Thanks for your help

2. Txstruck

Txstruck Junior Member

I would say it was a good deal depending on how well he maintained the engine as far as scheduled maintenance. But as far as the engines themselves they run very well. I used to me a US NAvy Seabee (construction mechanic) and I worked on the chevy diesels all the time, as a matter of fact I just bought an ex military truck with a 5.7L diesel in it, and it only has 26,000 miles on it. Drive it and look for any leaks or misses in it and ask if he has any maintenance records or any work reciepts from work he may have had done on it. Steve