1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is it worth the drive

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by QMVA, Oct 16, 2003.

1. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

This is my first post and I must say you guys are very helpful. My father and I are having trouble finding the right truck to plow with. I think i found one but he doesn't want to have to go get it. Its 473 miles away in Milwaukee, WI. The truck is a 2001 F-350XLT with only 18,770. It has power everything and a V-10. The asking price is 23,953. What do you think is it worth the drive to go and get it.

The truck would be used to plow our stores parking lot and tow a 12,000 pound boat around. We might also use it to plow a few driveways. :help:
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Sounds like a nice truck,and it is more than capable of doing what you want,as long as it checks out OK.

Not sure about the price in your area though.Maybe someone else can help you out with that,or try some online sites like Edmunds or KBB.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

ive drivein 7 hrs to buy a snowplow setup

except the speeding ticket for 25mph over the speed limit
    (didnt know a 3/4 dodge could do 90mph)

it was worth it

id drive to florida for the right deal

$135.00 and 2 points poorer
  4. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

That is kind of far away, but maybe you can go take a look at it yourself in person since it seems you dont mind it being so far away, and see how you like it. Let dad stay home if he doesnt wanna go with you. Once you are there, if you like it and wanna buy it, Im sure you could get a private flatbed to tow it back to your house. Maybe you can even get the dealer to split the cost with you for the tow, depending on how much you talk him down on the cost of the truck. :) Im assuming it doesnt have a snowplow on it yet? What kind of plow do you plan on putting on there? Welcome to PlowSite! :waving: Mike
  5. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

I'd love to go see it by myself but my dads the one buying it. Not sure on the plow. Thinking about the BOSS Power-V with the SmartHitch 2. If you have any suggestion on a plow I would appreciate it.
  6. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

We are leaving tomorrow morning to go to Orwell Ohio to pick up a truck we got off E-Bay. Trip will include a stop in Louisville for the big lawn and garden Expo! Total trip is gonna add up to approx. 1800 miles:eek:
  7. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

Drove to Milwaukee from Cleveland to pick up a salt truck and skidsteer with attachments. Drove up Friday night came back Saturday.

My determination was that the price was good and locally I didn't find the same equipment or deals. Why not fly up and drive back?
  8. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

I checked The Kelly Blue Book value of the truck and its $28,815. I hope this interests my dad enough. He's a very frugal man.
  9. turfguy

turfguy Member

go the miles

I just drove 600 miles to pick up my new sander. 400$ for a new speedcaster! go look at it then call your dad and have him take a ride up. Or email him some pictures