1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

is it worth selling truck with plow or separate?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jerseydrew, Mar 4, 2014.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

gonna get a new truck and got to figure out what to do with my old setup. my truck is very well equipped and has a western HTS on it. do you think it is easier/better to sell together or separate?
  2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

i personally think separate, i think guys see plows on trucks and think abuse. I would say worse case, if you have a $10,000 truck and $3,000 plow, you will get $12,000 together type of thinking.
  3. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I've always sold them separate unless it's a beater. You usually don't end up getting much more than book for the truck alone when you sell w/ the plow. At least from my experience
  4. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

thanks guys!
  5. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

When I traded in my 02 2500HD, dealer was only going to give me $ 1000 for my Fisher EZ V on it, I had it pulled it off. But I have 3 other trucks with them, for 1k I'll keep it for a perfectly good backup plow.
  6. SVDS

SVDS Junior Member

Sorry to hijack - Can I ask what the dealer gave you for your 02? I have an 03 and am thinking of upgrading.