1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is It Worth Putting A Timbren Kit On My Truck?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by nherweck, Jan 29, 2006.

1. nherweck

nherweck Junior Member

:confused: I have a 97 Dodge Dakota Sport 2WD that is being used to tow the trailer 6.5x16 tandem plus all equipment (ZTR, w/b, 2-3 trimmers, 2-3 blowers, 3-5 5gal. gas cans, edger, string, tool box). Is it really worth putting a Timbren Kit onto the rear of my truck? It's in pretty much brand new condition as it's been in a garage for 5 years. The truck does drop lower to the ground with the trailer's weight on it, but I only plan on using it for one more season. From there, I plan on purchasing either a large 4x4 truck, jeep wrangler, or larger 4x4 SUV (at that time I'll put Timbrens onto the one of my choice). I drive a max of 8 miles one way to my furthest client. I only have 15 clients, so it's not like I put on loads of miles with the trailer hooked up. Is it really worth the money to purchase the kit for one year's use? Also, where can I find a kit like that for a low price? Thanks everyone!:)

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I would trade the truck in first. 16' is way to much trailer for a dakota.

But if you can't afford that. Then get the timbrens.

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i have timbrens on the rear of my 04 ram. really helps when im loaded with salt. plus doesnt effect the ride when empty

john

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Timberns work great, as do airbags (get the compressor system) but your best bet,:nod: Get a 2500 truck.