1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is it worth putting a shoe kit and curb guard kit on my new plow??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NYH1, Jan 3, 2014.

1. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

I'm having my new Fisher 7.5' SD Plow installed on my truck early next week and was wondering what you guys/gals though about shoe and curd guard kits. The SD Plow has the ploy cutting edge on it if that makes any difference. I think I like the idea of having the curb guard kit. Not sure about the shoe kit though.

Thanks, NYH1.
  2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

can't tell you how many shoes threads I have seen on here... only a handful yes replies that I saw. Tho, most of us don't run poly edges so I don't know. As to curb guards... for steel there is no need, but for poly it might be something to consider... tho I have never seen a poly with them before. The only trucks I have seen with poly are residential plowers (like myself) and thus no need. No one plowing municipal or commercial that I have seen has poly edges but since you're not likely to be doing much for commercial or municipal with that plow, I'd say save the $$
  3. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

justme-, thanks.

4. bobcat1911

bobcat1911 Junior Member
    from 05845

I would put shoes on to reduce wear on the poly cutting edge, I have shoes on all my plows and never have any issues.