1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by lbz, Oct 27, 2009.

1. lbz

lbz Junior Member

I have an 06 dmax, its a cc/sb i know people say that you are not allowed to put a plow on this style truck, so my qestion is worth puting my plow on it. does any one run this setup and do you have any problems?

2. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

My smart-a$$ answer: Use the search button, this question has been answered a hundred times. :drinkup:

The official answer: The plow dealers say don't do it because it puts you well over the front axle weight rating. Your truck is already close to max rating on the front axle just sitting there thanks to the massive d-max motor.

The real-world answer: People do it all the time. It works great and doesn't break the truck. Install Timbrens in the front and don't worry about it.