1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by serafii, May 31, 2012.

1. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Hey guys. Haven't been on here for some time now. I'm currently looking for a newer truck. My 6.5 isn't cutting it anymore.

I found this 2004 Sierra 2500hd SLT ext cab short bed. Its fully loaded with leather and all the bells and whistles. It's a duramax with 179000km. Never worked. Hes asking 17900 for it. He's willing to take my car as a trade plus 4000 on my part.

My car is a 2001 jetta with GLI skirt kit. Fully loaded, leather, everything electric. Brand new lowered suspension with new wheels and 50% tires.

What do you guys think?

I had my car for sale just because I don't have the time to enjoy it anymore.
  2. Deerewashed

Deerewashed Senior Member

is it an lly or lb7?
  3. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Deerewashed- I'm not sure. How can I know which it is? And what's the difference between the 2?
  4. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I would do it, the LB7 goes thru injectors for an unknown reason they could last 2,000 or 200,000 miles. The LB7 also gets the best MPGs. The LLY has better injectors which have a significantly less failure rate but towing heavy they may overheat. Look at it this way, you can make more $$$ with the truck than the car. I believe the RPO should say either LLY or LB7, also look at the engine the LB7 has blue turbo piping.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  5. ch973934

ch973934 Senior Member

I got an 07 Classic for that about 2 months ago with 103k miles, only a little less than this one in comparison, however 3 years difference and it's a reg cab... I see them going for another $5,000-6,000 more on dealerships lots so to me it's a deal compared to those.. Good luck!
  6. snow man 0311

snow man 0311 Member

I got a 2003 ecsb fully loaded with 119 ,000 on it also a 8.5 fisher mm1 strobes and lights for 14,500 last june still going ...
  7. forwhlr989

forwhlr989 Member

seems a little over priced to me. especially if its in lb7 motor. the vin will tell you if its an lb7 or not. I bought a 2002 with 120k on the clock clean as can be for 14k
  8. Deerewashed

Deerewashed Senior Member

look at the VIN number....if the 8th digit is a 1-LB7, if it is 2-LLY, the pricing could be due to the injectors, if it is an LB7 check the injector rates. if its an LLY buy that sucker.