1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is it too hot too buy a plow??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gordyo, Aug 16, 2002.

1. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

It's 98 degrees out and 100% humidity and I still can't believe that I bought a new Fisher V-plow today. Just doesn't feel right.:waving:

2. A.L. Inc.

A.L. Inc. Member

Gordyo-I picked up my GMC 2500HD with Western 7'6" about 2 weeks ago, on a 95 degree day. I agree, it didn't feel right. It always pays to plan ahead, though. Good luck with your new plow, Mike

3. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

LOL. I know the feeling. My equipment supplier thought I was out of my mind looking at and getting prices on 3-4 yard vee boxes.

4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Call me crazy...

We just picked up our Dodge with Western V tonight.

dodge1.jpg

5. Chuck Smith

from NJ

And one in the scoop position....

dodge2.jpg

6. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

Great looking truck Chuck. Good luck with it.

7. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Nice truck Chuck, hey that rhymes, hehe. Where did u get it at, Warnock in East Hanover? Did it come with plow on already or did you have it put on later? Is it gas or diesel? tell us more about it, very nice truck! Mike

8. Chuck Smith

from NJ

Yes Mike, we ordered it from Warnock in May. It came in July. Cummins diesel. trailer package, camper package, 4.11 gears. Trans temp warning light. Pulls strong, reminds me of my 77 Chevy. We had the plow installed at Van Dine's in Hackensack. Buddy there has been installing plows for 33 years. We buy all our plows and salters there.

As far as the Dodge, I posted before a while back, we had to order it because they could not locate one in 4 states around NJ that was white, with a cummins, and NOT an extended cab. Extended cab models are fast becoming the standard.... The extended cab would cut down on the payload, and the truck is long enough as it is.

By ordering it we got exactly what we wanted. (We really wanted a SRW 1 ton, but Dodge doesn't make them anymore).

~Chuck

9. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Chuck I read that they will be making one in 2003. I realize that doesn't help you now though :rolleyes: .

10. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

cool, thanks for the response and best of luck with it, and pray for snow soon!! :D Mike

11. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

Thats a nice truck ( for a dodge :D :D ) How did Warnock treat you? I havn't heard many good things about them, but i've never bought a truck from them. Anyway keep praying for snow, I hope it gets here soon. :)

12. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Me personally, ive never dealth with Warnock either, but last week my brother got a brand new grand cherokee from them and he said the salesman was very nice and very helpful and they treated him well, even stayed open a little late to get all the paperwork done and allow him to bring truck home same night. They prepped it while he did paperwork and it was ready to go when he came outside. Only thing they didnt do was fill it up with gas, it had half a tank, not that he cared, but thats the only thing he said they didnt do that they could of done, maybe it just slipped their mind considering they stayed late to get him in it that very night, no big deal. Mike

13. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Chuck,

Nice looking truck but it looks a bit smaller than the truck I saw you eyeing at the Snow and Ice seminar last week.:D

14. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Finally got the truck to the shop to get the new V plow mounted

mvc-817f.jpg

15. JD PLOWER

Gordyo, if you don't mind could you tell us how much that cost?

16. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Hey gordyo besides the price of it do you see any vast improvements to it as far as the pump or moutnting and unmounting of it from the truck?

17. Chuck Smith

from NJ

Speaking of removing the plow... I timed myself the first time.

This was on uneven ground, setting the plow and kickstand down on wood. It took me about 14 minutes. I get the feeling it is going to take A LOT longer to get it mounted up again. Since there are no couplers on it, I have a feeling it will be staying on the truck most of the winter if possible.

~Chuck

18. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

Chuck-

The MVP is a bit more time consuming to hook/unhook, but I'd venture to guess that your times will improve. I don't think it takes me more than 5 minutes give or take. I agree, though. If the truck is not going to be a daily driver, I would keep the MVP on all winter.

Sure can't throw those V's around like a straight plow when it comes to mounting and aligning.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2002
  19. JD PLOWER

Chuck you'll be at 5 minutes or less after dozen "on-off" cycles. I'm not as familiar with the westerns headgear as I am with Fishers though.

20. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

chuck i have 3 mpv plows , it only take less than 5 min. for me,while that what my wife tells me,but thats another story. i have all of my plows on wood dollies. i just wheel the plow over to the truck .VERY IMPORTANT make sure you put a good amount of die electric grease on the plow connecters with the small pins .it is a great plow did you have to beef up the front end.good luck