1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is it to big ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LawnServicesInc, Aug 4, 2007.

1. LawnServicesInc

LawnServicesInc Junior Member

I have a 9 foot meyer plow that has been in my shop with no home for the past 3 years. I was wondering if the plow would be to big for a bobcat S-185. Will it push that much plow? I have standard bobcat tires. Thanks
  2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

"That much plow" is not really the concern, as the meyer plow is among the lightest out there. The bigger question is the snow load. You'd probably run just fine, but I don't think you'll see more than an 8' blade on most loaders that size. Others will have more insight than I do. Good luck

3. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I think it would be fine. Alot of guys run 810's on that size skid steer.
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Bigger snows, just use less of the blade, and for those light weight storms you'll be cruising with that thing!
  5. LawnServicesInc

LawnServicesInc Junior Member

Thanks alot for the info, I appreciate your replies.
  6. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i run a meyer HM 9' with wings and a meyer HM 10' for back up on a 80 hp unit and it has no problems pushing until you get 4-5k lbs of snow in front of you and then you loose all traction.... i'm going to run pickup tires this year and hopefully take care of this problem. BTW the meyer plows are not the lightest out there as stated before... each of these plows weigh over 1200 lbs.